Monday, April 30, 2012

Bridal shower recap-prepare for sappyness

Hello Lovelies! I am going to go ahead and apologize if this post gets a little sappy.  But what can I say, my bridal shower made me feel all warm and fuzzy and well sappy.

First of all my bridal shower was AH-MA-ZING!   I was overwhelmed with love from the second I walked in.  One, because I was immediately greeted by my family and closest friends (Who were all already there since I am perpetually running 5 minutes late....dang hair) and two, because it was beautiful.  I could just see all of the effort and hard work my wonderful Aunt Nancy (aka Nana) and my sister Emily (also maid of honor) put into it.  I'm still waiting on mom and bridesmaids to email me pics, which I will post asap, but ill go ahead and try to describe and give you some pics of some things I have here:

*My cousins, nana and sister had stayed up cooking till 11pm the night before and the spread was awesome.  SO many different quiches, crab dip, tarts in every flavor, chocolate covered strawberry's, yummy salad, fruits, veggies, mini cupcakes in my wedding colors and my personal fav SANGRIA!

* My mom had put together a hilarious game of questions about myself and Casey.  She had secretly emailed Casey to double check answers and get more questions.  Let's just say it was hilarious and led to several stories being told about me that made me laugh so hard I was crying.  Some of which were probably not appropriate for Grandma.

* My sister had made the cutest invites (she is a graphic designer for Pandora-yes the jewelry company, and yes she gets huge discounts!)  She had included with the invite a recipe card for everyone to fill out so I got sooo many awesome recipes from friends and family.

*There was a little box my sister had painted in my wedding colors to hold well wishes that Casey and I will get to read after the wedding.  Knowing i'm a snoop she took it with her:)

* I got some of the most thoughtful gifts I could have imagined.  Several made me cry! They were all awesome (hello luxury sheets and matching silverware!!!) but let me share a few of my favorites.

-My sister/maid of honor/visionary of the shower gave me SUCH a thoughtful gift.  It was a basket full of wine, but each wine had a label (that she designed herself of course) with an occasion during our first year of marriage and a sweet poem.  There was a bottle of champagne for the wedding night, a bottle of red for our first fight, first dinner party, first Christmas Eve, first anniversary etc.  Lets just say I was crying trying to read the poems out loud to everyone.  Without a doubt I am one lucky girl to have such an amazing sister.



 -My bridesmaid and one of my best friends Natalie aka Nad HANDMADE me these adorable hangers.  Here's a pic of one of them.  I have been eyeing them on Etsy, and can not believe how crafty she is!  She also bought Casey and I these awesome Bride and Groom pimp cups.


 After the gift opening was over Nana (my aunt who is like a second mom and was hosting the shower) asked me to come upstairs with her.  She opened her jewelry box and immediately started crying.  She told me that she was letting all of us girls (her daughters-my cousins who are more like sisters and my sister and I) choose one of my grandmothers rings when we got married.  I chose this one because I remember my grandmother loving pearls.  Its hard to see but its a cluster of small pearls and tiny diamonds.  My grandma was a fancy lady:)  I am going to wear it as my "something old" on the wedding day...I need to get it sized though because my fingers are ALOT bigger than hers! It is so special to me to have a piece of my grandmothers jewelry with me as I walk down the aisle, and I feel so honored that my Aunt would give me something so dear to her:)





Those are some of the highlights of the day, I can honestly say that I will never forget my bridal shower.  It was full of so many laugh until you cry moments, sentimental moments and everyone I love put SO MUCH effort and energy into making it special.

After the shower Nad, Jess(other bff and bridesmaid) and I went to grab a drink before I had to go home for a LONG night of assembling wedding invitations with Mom and Em.  And to make my day even more awesome Nad (who recently got engaged to Doug in Hawaii!) asked Jess and I to be bridesmaids in her wedding!  I am so so excited to return the favor to her next summer!

The bridal shower was so much more than I even thought and if you read this blog you know I was excited for it!  I feel truly lucky to have such sweet, hilarious and thoughtful women in my life.   And I promise pics coming as soon as possible!

Have a great Monday!

XO,
Sara


4 comments:

  1. Your bridal shower sounds amazing! You can tell they put so much work into it! Can't wait to see pictures :)

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! Haha I am dying to see all the pictures too!

      Delete
  2. I know I don't know you, but I am genuinely thrilled you had such a great day! I feel like everyone desearves that kind of happiness surrounding their big day! LOVE the hanger you got, and what a special ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment Alycia!
      Xo
      Sara

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you!